Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Oil Falls Below $60

Oil Falls Near One-Week Low on Speculation U.S. Supplies Rose
Crude oil for April delivery traded down 45 cents at $59.97 a barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange at 11:54 a.m. London time. The contract expires today. The more actively traded May contract is down 11 cents to $61.85 a barrel.

And yet the gas just keeps going up around me. I gassed up for $2.39 last week and this week it is $2.61. The current price is just a few cents higher than the end of last week. However, I did have a nice surprise on Weds (when everyone went up to $2.58). I saw a gas station that had Unleaded for 12 cents cheaper than anyone else and it was a Crown station, not some little no name place. I get out and right there on the pump is marked: "This pump may dispense E-10." I will try to snap a pic of it sometime later as I rarely go anywhere near that area.

technorati tags: , , ,